|Party Affiliation||NP Independent|
|Present Employer / position||X-Trainers Personal Training|
|Length of residence in Jurisdiction||51 years|
|List of educational institutions and degrees||Bachelor of Science in Management and Marketing from UNO|
Masters of Business from UNO
Goldman Sachs Graduate
|Prior elected and appointed positions||VP Student Government Association|
|Civic involvement and affiliations||March of Dimes - Named the Top Fundraiser for saving premature babies|
Food Kitchen Volunteer for Camp Restore
Covenant House Toiletry Drive
Friends of City Park Donor
Special Olympics SWAT donor
|1. How can the NOPD force be increased, while maintaining high standards?
||Hiring takes time. First we need to cut waste and streamline for efficiency. Immediate Changes could be:|
- Merge police districts 2 and 6. This will free up 8 officers immediately. This will also cut costs of running a station. We need as many officers out patrolling as possible. We don't need them sitting stationary inside.
- Set up a mental health assistant unit to ride with and assist police officers to determine if an offender should receive mental crisis help over simply being arrested. This will immediately free up unnecessary paperwork and time. It will also allow officers to focus on real police work.
- Reinstate a CLEAR CUT advancement system that was once in place but is now arbitrarily moving officers from advancement as promised.
- Once we start relieving pressure from existing officers in these two ways (reduces paperwork for mental crisis and assistance from State troopers for vehicle issues, morale will increase.
-At this time a marketing campaign showcasing our improvements and how we support and assist our men and women in blue so they are free to do their jobs can be implemented.
|2. Will you support an ordinance to establish an independent external evaluation of the Ethics Review Board as called for in the Charter? Please explain your answer.
||Yes. Public accountability will help to encourage the members of this board to hold themselves to the same standard of accountability they they encourage among others.|
|3. What do you think are the three (3) most important issues facing the citizens of New Orleans.
|4. What steps would you propose for improving the Sewerage and Water Board?
||- I will hold the board accountable for seamless coordination on jobs. |
- I will work to create and set accountability measures in place to increase efficiency of billing.
- I will work to stream line communication and processes between S & W Board and the Dept. of public works.
- I will work to create programs that increase morale and BRING PEOPLE TOGETHER with a more productive working environment in mind
- I will set up a task force to create an efficient storm drain clearing system to keep our drains clear.
|5. How do you propose to reduce crime, and especially violent crime, in the city?
||Most citizens are most concerned about youth crime. If the youth are given a chance at life, first by receiving a solid education, secondly, by having access to recreation, and thirdly, if they are over 15, they should be able to secure summer employment, if our kids had what I had growing up, which is all of the above, we would not have the issues we have now busted car windows, car jackings and murders.|
The City of New Orleans needs to create policy to address the graffiti that is destroying the charm and aesthetics that people travel here to experience. Private homes, existing business and even new business construction have all been desecrated by vandals. It has to stop. How can we seek to attract business and industry developers, when mid construction, buildings are being vandalized with graffiti. I will create a task force to investigate and bring to justice those who have no regard for the property of others nor New Orleans.