Annemarie Dewey & Casey Green – co-chairs — Education@lwvofla.org
- Follow the timeline for the LWVLA Charter School Study.
- Develop an understanding of the governing roles, powers, and interplay of the governing structure of higher education in Louisiana and the state and student funding of each post-secondary institution.
- Determine whether LWVUS and LWVLA positions on governance, finance, and education are adequate for a vigorous LWVLA response to BESE action, as well as legislative bills affecting post-secondary education in our state.
- Monitor education bills during the spring legislative session.
- Use our committee member, Melanie Bronfin’s, research reports to propose a concurrence position for early childhood care and education, ages birth to five, in time for the Board and local Leagues to review and respond yes/no on it well in time for final notice prior to convention. [The LWVLA Education Committee reviewed a number of their states’ early childhood education positions without success prior to the 2017 Convention—they all had other state structures or weren’t sufficiently specific.]
Early Childhood Education
BILLS FILED FOR THE 2018 LEGISLATIVE SESSION-EDUCATION
HOUSE LEGISLATIVE SCORECARD 2018 EDUCATION